All our blinds are made to measure to your exact requirements. We therefore strongly recommend reading this guide to make sure you get the right measurements. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are unsure about anything in this guide.
Tools you will need:
- Steel metal tape measure – recommended over wooden ruler or cloth tape measure for accurate measurements.
- Notepad with pen/ pencil to record your measurements.
- Step-ladder (if required, for larger windows)
How to measure – Inside your window recess:
- Measure the inside width of your window – as shown in the picture below – in 3 places (top, bottom and middle). Write down your shortest measurement. This is your Blinds Width.
- Measure the inside height or drop of your window – as shown in the picture below – in 3 places (left, right and middle). Write down your shortest measurement. This is your Blinds Height.
- When measuring look out for things like window handles or tiles and take their position into account this way you will be sure of a perfect fit. We will make the necessary deductions for the fitting and brackets to ensure the blind operates perfectly within the window recess.
How to measure – Outside your window recess:
- Decide how much you wish to overlap the recess at each side. We recommend at least 75mm on each side to avoid gaps of light. Take the overall width measurement including the overlap. This is the exact Blinds Width. For example, with the window width of 1000mm and overlaps of 75mm each side your exact Blinds Width is 1150mm.
- Decide how much you wish to overlap the recess at the top and bottom. We recommend at least 75mm. Take the overall drop measurement including the overlap. This is the exact Blinds Height.